So while we have all been social distancing I think it has become the norm to scour the internet for recipes to attempt at home. I think within the first two weeks of voluntary quarantining, I went through all my “normal” recipes that I rotate every other week.
Needless to say, I have really been searching and try all the new things while social distancing. We have gotten take out a few times, but a majority of the time we are cooking at home. It’s actually been kind of nice because we always have leftovers for lunch the next day and we are saving money.
So while I was scrolling through IG, many times I have seen the gorgeous Amber Lancaster (@amberlancaster) posting her delicious Tortilla Pizza recipe. I’m not gonna lie, at first I wasn’t sold but then I said wth let’s try it!
Two words: GAME CHANGER
This pizza is so delicious it doesn’t taste like you’re eating some pizza sauce on a tortilla. The crust is thin, the pizza sauce is amazing and it’s just amazing. You guys gotta believe me and try it ASAP!
I know what you guys are thinking – hurry up and tell us what it entails. Here we go.
- Whole Wheat Tortilla
- Rao’s Organic Pizza Sauce
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Preferential Toppings
- In a medium frying pan, drizzle olive oil and turn on heat to medium-high.
- Ensure tortilla has olive oil on both sides and flip back and forth until crispy.
- Once crispy, place on a parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Turn oven on to a high broil.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on tortilla all the way to the edges of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle a thin later of mozzarella cheese on pizza and add any other toppings as desired.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Once done, let cool and slice into squares.
This is the easiest and quickest pizza to make that’s full of flavor and deliciousness.
Like I said before, all the credit goes to Amber Lancaster and I am so happy I tried this recipe!
Made the pizzas for company. Easy and tastes very good.
I am so glad you enjoyed them! They are a great weeknight meal when you don’t want to put a whole lot of thought and effort into it!